It’s been said before but it’s so true – without the generous support of time and financial resources from so many alumni and friends, the Withrow Alumni Assn. would not be in a strong partnership with the administration, staff and students. This generous support takes many forms, e.g
- giving a talk about a marketing career to a group of students at a “Lunch and Learn” session sponsored by another school partner;
- volunteering in the Reading Center; maintaining and caring for the Rookwood Fountain, Clock Tower, and grounds;
- coordinating after school pre-game meals;
- supporting many small requests for teacher/student initiatives facing limited resources;
- planning Centennial activities recognizing/celebrating Withrow’s rich heritage; etc.
Your gifts of time and money, no matter the amount, go a long way in supporting the Alumni Assn.’s mission of “promoting a healthy learning environment that helps prepare students to become successful, productive and contributing members of society.”
Recent projects include:
Clock Tower: The internal ventilation issues have been addressed, the four clock motors driving the clock hands have been replaced, and once again the Clock Tower accurately shines radiantly in the sky. Repair costs of $8,370 came under the $10,000 budget.
Weight Room Upgrades: Appropriate flooring has been installed, fresh paint and graphics adorn the walls, and new equipment including free weight platforms and racks have created an inviting physical fitness environment deeply appreciated by students and staff. Total cost of all upgrades ($41,295) is under the Board approved budget.Kroger Community Rewards Program: This past quarter resulted in a record high 100 households designating the Withrow Alumni Assn. as recipient in the Kroger Community Rewards program and generating over $600 for the Assn. If YOU live in Ohio, please consider joining the other 100 households in this easy way to support Withrow programs. To sign up, click HERE.Please use the Donate button below to help us continue this valuable work. Thank You.